Wednesday, July 13, 2011

F is for Fabric

One really easy way to update almost anything is with fabric. (This is one reason I always travel with the paint swatches from each of the rooms in the house...it makes it much easier to match fabrics than doing it from memory). 

I'm in the middle of updating our dining room chairs right now. The original seat covers are an off-white cotton - nice because they're washable, but they do nothing for the room.

Before 
So I popped over to Fabricland the other day and found some fabric that picks up the wall colour (BM rustic brick - which looks really orange in the pictures for some reason...). Total cost for the project was $40 - would have been less but I forgot we only have 4 chairs (no, I don't know how you forget how many chairs you have, but I did) so I bought too much - it will become living room throw cushions when I have time. The actual re-upholstery part was simple - unscrew the seat, pull the fabric tight, screw the seat back on. Now as long as the cat doesn't claw them, we're good to go!



F is also for facebook - where you can head on over and "like" my page to get even more tips :)

2 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a difference! We've done that with chairs also. It freshens them up for sure!

StylishHeather said...

Now if we can just get the kids to not spill on them and the cat to not claw them up....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...