Today's interview with the Daily Press is online already!
Friday, September 24, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
In my last post I mentioned using a large glass jar to store and display facecloths in the bathroom...since I was in the middle of my own bathroom makeover I decided to take my own advice and tried it out (why is is so hard for someone who gives decorating advice all day to take it??).
The lighting's not the greatest since I was in a hurry, but the idea worked well...looks much better than before, and is way more convenient that my previous facecloth storage (down the hall!). The added colour also draws the eye away from the ugly tiles I'm trying to downplay (more on those in a future post...).
Monday, September 6, 2010
It's fairly easy to make a substantial change in a bathroom by changing a couple of small things:
- a new shower curtain gives the biggest update for the least amount of work
- try painting the ceiling the same colour as the walls - besides making it easier to paint the room (no taping!) it can make the space seem bigger since you aren't creating a white square at the top of your walls
- getting rid of clutter makes a huge difference - the more hidden storage you can find, the better
- avoid those fuzzy seat covers that match the bathmat - they can make a bathroom look dated
- use a large glass apothecary jar to store and display your facecloths for easy access